Based on a decision of the Bundestag on June 2013, all federal states except Bavaria created their own state admission programmes for Syrian refugees. Many of these admission programmes are already completed. Admission programmes currently running exist in Berlin, Brandenburg, Hamburg, Schleswig-Holstein and Thuringia. Only Syrians who already have first or second degree relatives in Germany can enter via the federal state admission programmes. In addition, the relatives must provide for accommodation and living costs of the people entering. Interested individuals should directly inquire about the alien authorities responsible.
Deadlines for the federal state admission programmes currently running:
- Thuringia: extended until December 31st, 2018
- Schleswig-Holstein: extended until December 31st,2018
- Hamburg: extended until November 30th, 2018
- Brandenburg: extended until September 30th, 2018
- Berlin: extended until December 31st, 2019